Handmade in Melbourne from 100% Australian ingredients. this pasta shape is a giant rigatoni, it's great for hearty sauces or pasta bakes! Not organic but made from quality ingredients with love.
Ingredients: Durum semolina, salt
About Lello: You might remember Lello as Yak Italian Kitchen, a bustling restaurant in Melbourne's CBD. Head chef Leo (whose childhood nickname was Lello) is Melbourne born and bred but has passionate Italian roots. Sadly the pandemic put a stop to the restaurants dine-in experience, but it didn't prevent Leo and his team from continuing to produce artisanal Italian food for you to enjoy at home!
Try this Lello recipe:Spinach and Ricotta Bake
Prep Time: 30mins
Cook Time: 30-45mins
Serves: a family of 4
Lello Tomato & Basil Sugo 500g
Lello Artisan Paccheri Rigati 400g
600ml Ricotta Cheese
300g Raw Fresh Spinach
1/2 cup of Parmigiano grated
salt and pepper to taste
To make the filling:
1. Chop the washed spinach finely
2. Add the ricotta, parmesan, chopped spinach, egg, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and mix everything together by hand until creamy and combined
Cook the Paccheri in a large pot of boiled salted water for a few minutes to soften and drain.
Place them in cold water to stop the cooking
Drain them again and set them aside
Preheat the oven to 180c Fan Force
1. Add a few spoonfuls of Lello Tomato and Basil Sugo at the bottom of a deep baking dish
2.With a piping bag fill each Paccheri with the Ricotta and Spinach filling and place in the wonderful sauce.
3. When all the Paccheri are in the tray, top enough sauce on top to cover the pasta and sprinkle with some grated Parmigiano. Feel free to sprinkle a dusting of fine breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil if you want an extra crunch factor!
4. Place in the oven for 30-45 mins
5. Once baked, leave the pasta to rest for a few minutes (if you can resist) and then eat!
Made on Woiworung Country - Melbourne